Monday, December 5, 2011

Weekend Recap: nothing special...

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a fun, relaxing weekend. We got up to some mischief this weekend because...

it was my birthday :)

On Saturday night I came home to homemade red velvet cupcakes from D.
cream cheese frosting.

There he is icing them up in the background.

I also came home to my friend C making lasagna. And oh my goodness, was it ever good. It had spinach and cottage cheese inside. Yum.

And then the party started.

always working her way into a photo, that one.

On me> Tee: Suzy Shier, Necklace: found on a doorstep with the word 'free', Skirt: actually a tank top from Eclipse, Booties: Spring.



Later on people came over, we drank, we ate nacho dip, played sociables & went out. I had been craving a dance party, so it was nice to get that out of my system. Gurrrrl's gotta dance.

On Sunday (my actual birthday) a little after noon we went to Smitty's for brunch with some people from the night before. Hilarious. The waitress/I accidentally spilled fruit all over me. Actually right in my lap. It was actually too funny... especially the misinterpretations that ensued...
After brunch we jetted off to the Rainmen basketball game, which we almost fell asleep at. It wasn't a boring game at all, it was just that we went to bed around 3:30 the night before... so, yeah.

After returning home from the game, my nanny & grandad took D & I out for supper. Since I got to pick, I decided on Le Bistro by Liz that opened up nearby. And then I found the most delicious butternut squash soup in the whole wide world, I tell you. It was so good I'm still thinking about it today... You should try it if you're in Halifax!

After supper we had cake that my Nan had bought for me & then just lazed around & watched 'My Idiot Brother'. Overall, I'd say I had a great birthday weekend. Good food & good company. Cheers to that.



**I just realized this may not be a very exciting post for any of you. And all the photos are of me... oh well. Haha. At least I talk about food alot...

4 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had a fun weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a great birthday!
    I really like the necklace! Can't believe it was free! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday! I love that your dog decided to join you in your outfit photo, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Belated! You and your man look very cute in your photo! Oh to be 23 again.....hehe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!