Monday, September 19, 2011

Sweet Potato Roasties & BBQ Mayo

 When I eat sweet potato fries I try to convince myself that they're healthy. I mean, they are vegetables. Not that I feel guilty about eating food. I really don't. But, I try to follow the Canada Food Guide as much as I can so I guess it's more like me squeezing in an extra serving of veggies. Moving on, last week I had a few sweet potatoes to use up and because I definitely do not have the patience to cut them into perfect fry shapes... I made roasties aka. hashbrowns. Much less time consuming and just as delicious.


It would be pointless for me to type up a recipe for these. Really all you need to do is cut up the potatoes, toss with some olive oil, salt, pepper and chili powder. Roast em in the oven for a bit and then broil them.

Now, if you're going to try one thing from my blog... trust me, try this BBQ mayo. I whipped this up sometime last year trying to recreate the cajun mayo restaurants serve with their SP fries. Ketchup is just not the same. This sauce is tangy, sweet and can be spicy if you ramp up the chili powder. It works well with fish, steak, sandwiches, regular fries and chicken too. I've started making a little extra so I can have some for leftovers. Oh, I bet it would be awesome on hamburgers too. Someone should try that and let me know how it is... Haha.

So listen, it only takes 1 minute to make and I guarantee you have everything you need to make it in your fridge/cupboard right now. Mayo, BBQ sauce & chili powder. That's it. Mix half mayo, half BBQ sauce and sprinkle in some chili powder. Done. (Almost) instant sauce.

she doesn't photograph well...

Enjoy & indulge,
Janelle

5 comments:

  1. It is Yummy .Why feeling guilty in eating anything ? Don't worry .Be merry and Eat well.I would definitely try this BBQ mayo.Thanks for sharing .

    P/s : I feeling hungry after reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah dont feel guilty.. I agree with the post below me.

    Now im hungry again lol looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Even I get hungry writing my own posts. Oh, I don't feel guilty. I eat what I want when I want. It's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks and sounds super yummy!

    Stopping by from FTLOB (CLS) ~ Little bit late :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm definitely going to try that sauce! Sounds like a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!