Saturday, September 3, 2011

Goodbye purse

 Do you ever get attached to objects? I'm not ashamed to admit that I do. Now, I am definitely not a pack-rat in any sense. I have one small shirt box of notes, photos and other paper treasures. I have no problem throwing these things out when the time comes. But sometimes an object has so many memories attached to it and I've actually used it so much that I feel a little pang of sadness when I throw it away. Now you're thinking "man, what a nutjob".

But, I've had this purse for at least 5 years now, maybe longer. It's been everywhere. I've brought it places, I've left it places. It's held cameras, clothes, amaretto, shoes, bananas and dog toys.
I could gush about how it's the perfect color and matched everything and blah blah blah.... but I won't.
 

This was the purse that me and my sister probably fought about the most. She loved it as much as I did. She'd always usually ask to take it out because it had enough room for everything and looked great with any color. Sometimes I'd come home and it would be gone. I'd be livid. But... oh, the memories.

It's seen better days.




So, it's time.


Goodbye. You've served me, and my sister, well. 

And now for the best part. The hunt is on for a replacement!

Love,
 Janelle

3 comments:

  1. I had to do this earlier in the year with a beloved pair of jeans. Ah well, it's just stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you. I need a new purse too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie: Thanks for visiting the blog! Stuff is so replaceable...

    Val, let's go purse shopping when I visit you & Sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!