Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tasty Tuesdays: How have you bean?

Hi everyone,

Today I've got an original (aka. thrown-together) recipe for 3-bean salad with feta. It can easily be ready in 10 minutes and it goes really well with fish, chicken or rice. Because of the cumin & coriander it's different than most bean salads which rely on vinegar. This one has no vinegar but gets it's flavour from the feta and spices. Check it out:

3-Bean Salad with Feta
*Serves 3-4

1/2 c. edamame
1/2 c. green beans
1/2 cup chick peas, drained
1/4 c. raisins
1/8 c. crumbled feta cheese
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cumin
2 tsp olive oil
a couple shakes of ground coriander
pinch salt

Put your raisins in a small bowl and cover with hot tap water. Cook up your frozen edamame & green beans in the microwave. I put mine in a covered, microwave dish and nuke them for about 2-3 minutes. Drain them, put them back in the dish & add the chick peas.

Add the olive oil, spices + salt. Crumble the feta on top & mix well. Drain the raisins and throw them in. Stir it up and bam. You're done.

------------

I added some extra cumin to mine, but I think I may love it more than the average person so feel free to experiment a bit! And trust me, don't skip out on soaking your raisins. It makes such a difference because they plump right up.

xo Janelle

PS- I ate it too fast to get any pictures... but I think you can figure it out!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! I had chickpea salad of sorts for lunch!!! And you posted this today. We need to reunite...SOON

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!