Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Moroccan-Style Bedroom

Just a short post today for some decor inspiration.

We all spend a lot of time in our bedrooms. I know that some other people like their bedrooms to be bright and energizing for the morning, but I prefer a warm, cozy and comfortable room. I really like reading in bed at night and like my room to help me wind down at the end of the day. If you're like me, you probably have a lamp that gives off soft light on your nightstand. Candles can also make a room feel super-cozy, as can some draped fabric.

I created this mock-up bedroom on Olioboard, a great site where you can design rooms & see how certain colors & fabrics look together. 


I'm kind of a sucker for canopy beds, with or without an actual canopy, so as soon as I saw the bed I decided to create a room to put it in. I added dark floors, saturated wall colors, a printed rug and some lanterns and candles for mood. I think white bedding would really pop against the dark walls, but some throw cushions could tie it all in together.

The room would also look nice with a low platform bed like this one:

Very casual low platform bed from West Elm.

I hope you liked one of my dream bedroom designs! If you could have any style bedroom what would you choose? Tell me!

xo Janelle

2 comments:

  1. I love the platform bed haha but I think you already knew that about me. I really like the other room too, I like the feel or atmosphere or whatever you want to call it, although i don't know if i could do canopy, I'd be too scared that spiders would find a place to live there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, awesome blog article.Much thanks again. Really Great.

    canopy beds

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!