Monday, May 16, 2011

Casa (Monday): Upgrade!

I have some exciting news to share. Well, let me rephrase that. It's exciting for me because I was fed-up with our old couch. For the first few months it did the trick and to be honest, I didn't even really notice how uncomfortable it was, but lately it's been driving me nuts. Let me just say that it was very generous of D's parents' neighbour to give it to us. If she hadn't our living room would still look like this:

Bachelor pad?
Now I don't have a pic of our old couch in it's entirety, but you can see the top of it here


and the bottom of it here

Needless to say with the brown velour and vibrant 70s flower pattern it just wasn't our style. So we found this beauty on kijiji. After a "nail-biting" coin toss at the sellers house, my cousin and grandfather helped us bring it home. 

There it is! Our 200$, 8-year old, Ikea, Abby-friendly couch. It's comfy, it's easy to vacuum and when I wear gray sweatpants I blend right in. What more could we ask for, really?

xo Janelle

1 comment:

  1. Great improvment!! Love the new couch! Also I made peanut butter cups last week too, but without the Graham crackers. They are all gone already. Oops.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!