Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's day is for shopping ❤

Happy Heart Day to everyone!
Seeing as how there is a grand total of 1 person who reads this blog (aka. me) I guess I just wished myself a happy valentine's day... Anyway, I'm getting off topic. I spent more money than I intended to today... I left the house hoping to run a few errands. I had to buy some flowers, some groceries and I was gonna poke around an Asian grocery store hoping to find some Okonomiyaki sauce.

So I headed out to the flower shop first, which was pretty busy with people buying daisies and roses to show their love. Delivery was too expensive so I decided to just get them today and deliver them tomorrow myself. So those set me back $17.

Then I headed over to the Asian grocery store and they didn't have the sauce but they did have these yummy Koala shaped cookies that the MASSIEs introduced me to this past summer, so I bought 2 packs of those ($2.67/ea).

I walked down Queen St to the Salvation Army and browsed in the furniture section and found an amazing wooden chair with metal legs. It's modern, yet has a vintage feel at the same time and it just has a few minor scratches on the seat that can easily be sanded off. It was $4.99!!! I quickly lifted it up to make sure I could carry it home without killing myself & it was literally as light as a feather. I could not believe my luck. I paid for it, the lady put a sold sign on it and I was off to get my groceries.

As I crossed the street, I saw another Asian grocery store. (PS- they're everywhere!) Inside I finally found okomiyaki sauce and even though it was $7.95, I really have been wanting it for a while and I know I'll use it. So I bought it.

I made it over to the Sobey's for my final purchases, some ingredients to make Darryl a Valentine's treat ($17) and then picked up the chair from the Sal, bought a T-shirt ($2) & went home. Which brings my outing spending to $54.28. Oops! Oh well, at least I'm not paying for dinner out tonight.... right, Darryl? Right???

1 comment:

  1. They have those koalas at bulk barn too. I don't know if they are cheaper there or not, but it could be worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!