Friday, February 4, 2011

Curious by design...

This whole unemployment/being a "house-girlfriend" thing has given me a lot of time to think about my future career... It doesn't appear that my Bachelor's degree is helping me get anywhere. It's not helping me get a job at a cafe, or restaurant, or hair salon or otherwise. Honestly, sometimes it feels like a big waste of money...

But on a brighter note, this recent job struggle has allowed me to do a lot of introspection and thinking about what I'd like to actually do as a career. Not surprisingly, to those who really know me, is that interior design keeps popping into my brain. I started collecting design inspired photos about a year ago and I've recently started taking pictures of things I see that I'd love to have in my little apartment or in my future dream home.

Halifax has several community colleges offering Design/Decorating programs so I've been doing my research and some thinking about how I'd make it happen financially... I'll keep you posted! In the meantime, I don't think I'll apply to the Masters of Counselling program. I'm not 100% sure counselling is my "thing" and before I go spending the money I'd like to have it all figured out... or at least some of it...

xo Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!