Tuesday, January 18, 2011

20-minute tomatoey soup for one!

I'm warning you that this post may sound like an info-mercial for the Magic Bullet, but I swear it's the easiest way to make soup. Since I seem to be coming down with a cold, I was really hoping to make some soup for supper. Add that to the fact that I had leftover canned tomatoes and you have a recipe for success! Here's how to make it happen:

1) Put about 1tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan or pot. Add about 3 tbsp of diced onion & a shake or two of basil and pepper. Cook on medium until onions are soft.

2) Dice up some green pepper, celery or whatever veggies you have on hand (zucchini, squash, carrots etc.) and add them to the pot. (You should add at least 1/4 c total). Then pour in about a half a can (or more) of tomatoes. Season with salt and add about 1tbsp of brown sugar.

3) Cover the pot and simmer on medium for about 15-20 minutes to soften the veggies and mix the flavours.

4) Blend the soup in your MAGIC BULLET! or just a regular blender. You can also use a hand (immersion) blender if you have one.

5) Serve with crusty bread dipped in balsamic vinegar & olive oil or a nice slice of garlic toast (like I did!).

*This made just enough for me, so if you're serving a group I would say to quadruple the recipe! Don't be afraid to adjust it according to what you like/have on hand.

Thanks for reading,
xo Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Your little notes always make my day!